Hi Friends and Family! I really not quite sure where the last few weeks went. So much has happened that it could easily been several months but yet it has flown by. I have had the opportunity to work with a number of different groups, primarily middle school and high school ages, that have come from schools and churches. Most groups that come are from the Chicago area or southern Wisconsin. So for them, they are coming north to "get away" and grow in their relationships with God and each other. My role has been to create space for groups to have these experiences, teach lessons, and lead activities. Doing these things has been challenging and rewarding. It has been wonderful to learn more about how to connect with and engage people in ways that will be meaningful to them and point them toward Christ.
I have also had the opportunity to officially visit Wheaton College, tour the campus, look at the grad program options and talk to some of the professors. The particular program that i'm looking at is designed in such a way that it would really tie together my previous educational and camping experiences in a way that would allow me to have better understanding as I serve in future camping ministries. I don't know if or when I will do this, but it is encouraging to know that such an opportunity is available. The trip was also encouraging because it allowed me to see how HoneyRock fits into the greater mission of Wheaton and the role HoneyRock plays in the educational experience.
God is continuing to teach my how to be humble in many ways. I am thankful that God's Spirit is working in my heart continually assuring me that he is in control and that i can trust in Him in all things. I am learning the importance of listening to Him and listening to others. Thus if i were to sum up what i have been learning over the last couple weeks, i would simply say, "Listen!" The following set of goals have become important to me. I share them so that you can get a glimpse at how God has been working in my life.
-Be intentional
-Spend more time alone with God
-Spend more time with other people
-look for ways to be positive and encouraging with everyone
-actively trust God in all circumstances
-Listen first and speak second and only with gentleness
This weekend we have a couple church groups coming followed by our staff super bowl party. Most certainly the next few days will be filled with excitement. Blessings...
Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God"
PS here are a couple pictures; broomball and big hill tubing :)
What do we bring to Jesus?
-
An Advent Reflection Advent begins with movement. God does not wait for us
to climb our way up to heaven through our own efforts or “goodness”; he
comes ...
8 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment